I Wish I Had Someone
I wish that I had someone who would be there to help me navigate the opportunities and pitfalls in LIFE. I wish there was someone who would just listen. If only I did,
- I wouldn’t have been afraid to do the things I really wanted to do.
- I wouldn’t have wasted time and money because I was making rash decisions.
- I wouldn’t have put my dreams on HOLD.
After going through countless mentorship programs, I was lucky to meet my mentor, Matthew who pulled me out of a dark place. But not all mentorship programs were created equal:
- I wanted someone to be there for me throughout the years, but I was left in the dust as soon as these programs were over.
- I needed mentors who would help me in different areas of my life but I was often locked in with one who barely knew what I really needed.
- I wish I had the chance to meet other amazing mentees who share the same struggle but I was locked into rigid contracts with no more than two people.
I got lucky. I hit the jackpot with my mentor but I wanted to make the odds better for students who were like me.